When is Census Day and what can I expect?
Census day will be April 1, 2020.
On the following dates you will receive:
• March 12-20; An invitation to respond
to the census online.
• March 16-24; A reminder letter
• March 26-April 3; A reminder postcard.
• April 8-16; A reminder letter and paper questionaire.
• April 20-27; A final reminder postcard before enumerators follow up in person.
I am a snowbird and live half the year at my vacation home, is Becker where I live?
People who live at two or more residences, such as people who travel seasonally between residences are counted at the residence they live most of the time.
If you leave the State of Minnesota for more than six months for tax purposes, consider where you truly spend most of the year; for example, do you return for a week over the holidays? This could make Minnesota the location you should list on your census forms. This is important for the State and our community!
How will I respond to the census?
Every household will have the option of responding online, by mail, or by phone.
How do I know someone is with the U.S. Census Bureau and not someone trying to scam me?
The Census Bureau will never ask for:
• Full social security number
• Money or donations
• Anything on behalf of a political party
• Your full bank or credit card account numbers
If you are visited by someone from the US Census Bureau, here’s how to assure the validity of the field representative:
• Must present an ID Badge which contains: photograph, Department of Commerce watermark, and expiration date.
• Will provide you with supervisor contact info and/or regional office phone number for verification if asked.
• Will provide you with a letter from the Director of the Census Bureau on U.S. Census Bureau letterhead.
• May be carrying a laptop and/or bag with a Census Bureau logo.
Are you ready to take the Census? If not feel free to explore the site further. Otherwise click the “Take the Census” button to the right